Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Missed #1

As I was in the shower earlier, it just dawn on me that I had totally forgotten to pen down my blog yesterday! :(  Just when I thought I had crossed the dangerous 7-day discipline... sigh... Hopefully this forgetfulness doesn't occur too often.

Had a busy day today visiting and meeting with various companies.  As I reflect on my meetings, I realised that the valuation for start-ups in this region is quite rich.  And still, the companies have such confidence that they are able to raise the funds at this rich valuation - even though the traction is decent, and a lot still depend on the execution going forward.  For being a start-up, the valuation accorded to them seems proportionately too rich when compared with publicly listed companies.  I guess it requires me to internalise and take heart too.

On my way back after my last meeting, the thoughts that crossed my mind were how the last team had actually developed a good business and what went through their lives over the last few years when they started and how they managed to grow the business to a global business today.  While the startups envy my regular interactions with companies, I, on the other hand, wonder why I don't have the guts nor the business problem which requires my dedication to solve.  I guess the grass on the other side is often greener...

But whatever it is, I hope I can be a blessing to those I interact with :)



Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: