Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A reminder - how fragile life is

We just exited the highway and noticed that there was a traffic slowdown on an otherwise smooth flowing road.  Of the three lanes, only the middle lane was moving.  Our hearts were saddened when we realized what caused the choke.  On one side of the road, several cars had stopped and some were making calls or seen to be pacing along the pavement and speaking on the phone.  On the other side of the road, we saw a motorbike lying on its side,  a lady was lying on the road, and was moving her hand.  Some people were speaking to her and I guess they were trying to ensure she remained conscious while awaiting the ambulance.  Near to her, but across the road divider laid a man - with helmet on, he was motionless... ...  I didn't notice any pool of blood, but his inactivity, and manner in which he was 'still' was fixed on my mind.



On the way home tonight, I noticed a big sign that says something about driving carefully, but what stood out was "Fatal Accident"... It dawned on me that my discomfort about the motionless man could have been confirmed...that a life was lost just a few days ago.  My heart goes out to his family... I hope the lady rider is ok... ....

I am reminded of how fragile life is.  We are just a breathe away from eternal condemnation or eternal life.  God had stated very clearly that Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life - whoever believes in Jesus will have eternal Life.

While on earth, we have to do our best in earthly duties and responsibilities, but our sight must be set higher on what matters in heaven.  How will this help to shape my working life and issues/ challenges I encounter here on earth.  Definitely another thought piece for some time in the future....


Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: