Sunday, March 27, 2016

Don't take my movement for granted

So we were to take a mid day flight back home today.  Started the day with breakfast, after which we made our way to the airport.  The flight took about 2.5 hours.  However as this place is like 2 hours behind, we had to add back the 'lost' time upon arriving home.

This meant that by the time I reached home, it was close to evening already!  My back was getting achy, and my legs were feeling kind of strange - all because I was spending the bulk of the day sitting on the plane, and sitting the the taxi, and sitting in the car.  I am so going to hit the gym tomorrow!

It was about then that it occurred to me that being able to move my legs around, to walk, take the stairs, bend and touch my toes, such things should never be taken for granted.  From now on, if I have to stand on the public transport, I should be thankful - at least the leg muscles are being stretched and used.  If the lift is spoilt or elevator isn't working, I can alway walk up the stairs.  To be confined to a chair the entire day is really a very tough thing to do... So I really must value the legs and my spine.

Thank God for the limbs! May these limbs will be useful and ever ready to share the Good News!


Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: