Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Awaiting Miracles

I was having a conversation with a friend just the other day.  My spirit was low as I had some personal (emotional as well) issues at work which I felt I had to overcome.  Without sharing the details, my friend shared with me his wife's experiences with God.

His wife felt the clear calling of God to put her in an Arts School - to conquer one of the Seven Mountains*.  He also shared about how God had removed difficult people from the office without having her to 'help' God.  I must say I was awed!  I want that experience too!

My friend then reminded me that we should not insult God by asking and half-heartedly believing.  *shame on me ... how often had I done that :(

Another reminder is that IF we think we can do something to solve our issues, then we are relying on our own ability, and hence God will likely not try to interfere... God will step in when we step aside and let Him do what is necessary... and His timing is the BEST!

What a good reminder!  I am so-looking forward to experiencing God in a refreshed way.  The days ahead will continue to be overcast - till when God shows up... So I will have to learn to anticipate, watch Him work and Praise Him when He has overcome.  This will also then be a testimony for me, and a significant reminder for me in my days ahead too!

*The Seven Mountains are:  the mountain of Religion;  Family;  Education;  Government;  Media;  Arts & Entertainment;  Business.

Powered by FeedBurner


No comments: