Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Why are we not reading IT

Over dinner the other day, my daughter started asking me about things to come - such as having a sign before we can transact - things prior to the Second coming of Jesus.  As I probed a little more, I understood that she was trying to clarify with her classmate that while we know that His return is near, we cannot pin down to a specific date... For some reasons her friend was so certain Jesus will return in a couple of months.

They decided to ask the teacher - who is also a believer.  But the later was unsure and asked about her references.  When my daughter mentioned the Bible, the teacher was also unsure.  Her comment to me was: I didn't know people don't read the Bible.  Sadly, this is so true,

We take our God for granted... We go to Him when we need help, other times, we will only drop by and say 'Hi' and even so, we are distracted with the notifications from our phones or devices.  Is it a wonder why we do not lead transformed lives and make a difference in the world?  I am guilty too - how many times do I rush through Quiet Time to just have a 'check' that the duty is done for the day? How much of a day's time do I spend in prayer only? Really very disappointing.... Thank God for his patience to wait for us... This we shouldn't take for granted too... Life has to change... Priorities too...

No comments: