Sunday, April 24, 2016

10,000 steps

Its Sunday again!! And I am looking forward to my new weekly regime of walking around my mum's place. Rather than go on a pretty usual route, I decided to take a random path.

This day I came across a path that would bring me below a highway and beside a body of water.  I witnessed how vehicles, concrete, nature and hobby can all co-exist. Managed to break my momentum by whipping out my camera and snapping a quick shot before continuing my walk.  Below the highway is a body of water and teams were trying their hand at rod fishing. Some children were playing by a playground nearby. And many of us were either jogging, (brisk) walking or cycling along the foot path.  

The time of the day was great - post 5.30pm where the day is cooler.  Finally - a great achievement for me - I crossed 10,000 steps today and completed some 5.2km in about 48min!

Surely a motivation to maintain the 10.000 steps regime and 5km target for weekend walks.  What a great way to spend Sunday! :) 

No comments: