Friday, April 15, 2016

Great welcome for a Saturday

I woke up to the smell of pancakes!  What a great way to welcome our weekend!
This morning, my daughter decided to prepare breakfast for us - not sure what triggered it, but we don't need reasons for acts of love.  I am so Thankful for her willingness to wake up early, get into the kitchen and start smelling like the kitchen just so we can have a change for breakfast!

Our usual breakfast is healthy - fruits and some biscuits, of course along with our coffee, but nothing beats a change.

This also reminds me of the many days and months from yonder years when my mother would rise early to prepare breakfast for us - those were the days when domestic help was less prevalent, and when mommies were home makers.  Fast forward a generation, and many of us who are mothers, hold down a job, and domestic helpers are features for our families.

Hence for rare occasions such as this morning, they are very much treasured.  Now heading down for my pancakes!

Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: