Sunday, April 17, 2016

Taken for granted

I didn't realise how high the mercury level has risen to - just knowing that the surrounding seems so so warm.  Recently when I was in Yangon, the temperature rose to like 37 degrees celsius.  We were literally sweating even when we were standing still!  Our team leader shared with us that the mercury level can potentially rise beyond 40 degrees celsius!  My guess is even with a ceiling fan, the wind that comes out from the blades are likely warm air.

So it was similar for us yesterday.  Temperature reading was like 36 degrees celsius and this was like past 4pm!  Cannot imagine what the hottest time of the day would have felt like.

Being so warm, I too, yearned for a cold cold treat - so after we had parked our vehicle, we got a slurpee.  I tell you, it was the best beverage that day - the cold feel in the mouth, and letting the iced fluid sit in the mouth for several short seconds beyond letting it down the throat and cooling the passage way as well.  

Some things just cannot be taken for granted for.  As I sipped the cool cool drink, I am reminded of the people in Yangon who have less privileges than us - yet they survived.  I have to not take our privileges for granted, and where possible, and where moved, to be more aware of how to sponsor/ support our fellow human folks in other regions nearby too.

Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: