Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's a matter of endurance



Powered by FeedBurner


Bath time is usually the best time of the day to bond with Nathan... I get his undivided attention. Today marks the day when he turns 37 months and lately I sense the terrible 3 setting in on him. True enough, this is the day that he wanted to exert his right.

After a full day of playing, Nathan was beginning to smell stale, and I decided to give him a good scrub. But just as I was about to plonk him into the bath tub, he made it known to me in no uncertain terms that he does not want to bathe!

I tried to reason with this 3-year old on why he should have a good shower, and what activities he would engage in right after the shower. It didn't work. Instead, Nathan decided to put both hands firmly on the tap so as to prevent me from turning it on.

Mommy, being mom, was somewhat smarter than him. It has to be right? Lo and behold, I got hold of a little basin and filled it with water; and before he knew it, I emptied the contents of the basin on him.

Sure enough he was screaming away... but hey, Mom is only making a point! Smelly little boys must take a bath; and it's a matter of whether this young man is able to take instructions from his mother, or to exert his own. When the time is right, I will surely pass the decision reigns to him; but for now, it's OBEDIENCE that matters more.

"Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right"

No comments: