Monday, January 8, 2018

A 500 metre walk home

My son has entered a new phase in his life where he has to take public transport home after school.  Last evening, he asked for ear buds so that he could listen to 'stuff' on his last 500metre walk home from the public transport station.

While I have ear buds for him, I am also mindful of how digital media is a significant part of his life - hence a suggestion came for him to use this short walk to communicate with God.  One of our prayers should be to Thank God for... ...  Some of the things to Thank Him include
1. Thank God for the trees that line the route home so it's cooler for us staying in the tropics;
2. Thank God for our safe country/ city so that even when mommy comes home late at night, the roads will be safe
3. Thank God for the heavy downpour to cool our otherwise super-hot weather
4. Thank God for the teachers in school - we spoke about how difficult it is for teachers these days with children who are glued to the phones, and parents who are demanding.

I am so Thankful to God for this conversation.  It reminds me to check my own heart and just before I complain, I ought to be Thankful.


Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: