Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A family affair - A Celebration

Our children, despite sharing the same dad and mom, are poles apart when it comes to interests and hobbies.

Today we celebrate as our daughter has successfully passed the test -- the school choir audition. Like her mom, she has been assigned the challenging tune and to sing the alto part.

Shortly after school's out, I received a call from Lydia. The tone on the other side of the line is not one of monotony - the usual "Mom, I'm home, may I watch TV?" Rather, it was a voice that was bouncy, and filled with certain levels of excitement. It was an announcement that she has been selected, shortlisted for the school choir!!! And she was thrilled, to say the least.

While catching her breath, she started updating me on her choir practice schedules and how THE choir members will represent the school in a national level competition in the later part of this year. If HER choir obtains a Gold award for this competition, there is a likelihood that she (and HER choir) will have the chance to perform overseas!

Wow! That brought a smile to my face! For a person who enjoys being in the home front, this successful audition has transformed my daughter and had given her some challenge in the months ahead. I also hope the choir can perform well, and yes, if the children have to travel out of country to perform, and if they need chaperones, I will certainly volunteer...


Add to Technorati Favorites Technorati tags:


Technorati Profile

No comments: