Friday, July 30, 2010

Hamsters!!!

We started keeping pets recently - 2 hamsters to be specific.  Just a couple of days back, my neighbour (who also has 2 hamsters) decided to go for a holiday and hence asked us to take care of their pet hamsters while they are gone. 

Before I know it, Rachel shared that her classmate was giving her yet another hamster for her birthday!  I didnt think it was real, but boy! when I returned home last night, I was 'welcomed' by a sight of 5 hamsters!!! Sheesh... I felt that we have a mini-zoo here or something.

After getting over the initial shock of being invaded by hamsters, I felt that it is pretty therapeutic just watching them run around and nibbling on their food and even sleeping.  If only life for us is simpler.

I also reckon having hamsters help the kids to learn some responsibility as they have to change the bedding every now and then, maintain contact with the hamsters, and feed them.

Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: